Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos background activity draining battery

I have recently upgraded to 13.3 iOS and have been experiencing issues with battery life. Photos seem to be taking up a lot of battery due to background activity. Around 30-35%. What is the solution for this?

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 8:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 9:24 PM

You should cancel your applications after use. To do this swipe up with a sudden stop while keeping your finger on the screen. There's a better explanation here.

Hope this was helpful,

Logan

4 replies

Jan 1, 2020 1:29 AM in response to 12ve

Me too. Have you found a fix for it? Mine has been chewing up over 80 per cent for the past six weeks or so (since I did the update). I’ve taken it into the Apple store twice and they just say it’s because of the amount of photos I have on there and the slow speed of internet in Australia. Yeah, right. It just keeps draining even after I can see all my photos are downloaded. They are already optimised, etc. I’ve had to keep my phone in low battery mode to get more than an hour out of it (my battery health is fine by the way - over 85 per cent). No issues prior to the update. Have logged out of iCloud a number of times and redownloaded the photos, but it just keeps telling me it is using around 80 per cent of my battery life in the background. My partner who has the same phone uses his photo app more than me and his says around 2 per cent. It is driving me nuts. Apple should provide an option to turn off background activity for photos like it does with other apps.

Photos background activity draining battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.