Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 Plus Microphone Issue

Microphone not properly working when loudspeaker is on during phone call or video chat. How to fix this?

I already did the following:

• Restarting
  • Resetting Content and Network and Settings as well
  • Restoring via iTunes

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 25, 2019 1:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 2:46 PM

Hi daysuki,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. I understand your microphone isn't working on your iPhone 7 Plus for phone calls or for video chats.

I'm glad to help with this.

You've done some great troubleshooting already.

I suggest you also test the microphone using Voice Memos, and using the Camera app for both the front and rear cameras.

This explains how: If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't working - Apple Support

If the microphone is grayed out in Voice Memos or the speaker is grayed out during phone calls, I recommend that you contact Apple Support to see about service options. You can use this link: Official Apple Support

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2019 2:46 PM in response to daysuki

Hi daysuki,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. I understand your microphone isn't working on your iPhone 7 Plus for phone calls or for video chats.

I'm glad to help with this.

You've done some great troubleshooting already.

I suggest you also test the microphone using Voice Memos, and using the Camera app for both the front and rear cameras.

This explains how: If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't working - Apple Support

If the microphone is grayed out in Voice Memos or the speaker is grayed out during phone calls, I recommend that you contact Apple Support to see about service options. You can use this link: Official Apple Support

Best Regards.

iPhone 7 Plus Microphone Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.