Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Noise Cancellation not working on my AirPods Pro.

Just got some AirPods Pro. Noise Cancellation isn’t working, literally cannot tell the difference between the three modes when used with my iPhone 11 Pro. Seal is good.

Firmware is 2B588, which I understand isn’t the latest. Is it possible to encourage a firmware update? All signs point to no. I want to re-evaluate with the latest firmware before I considering returning them. I already have regular AirPods. I only want the Pro for the Noise Cancellation.

Posted on Dec 25, 2019 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 5:35 AM

I have now solved this problem, I use the larger silicone tips, this created an even better seal than the medium-sized tips and now the noise cancellation is very apparent. Anybody here is experiencing similar issues, please make sure you have tried all sizes of tips as the larger size may produce better results.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2019 5:35 AM in response to Shaun OFlaherty

I have now solved this problem, I use the larger silicone tips, this created an even better seal than the medium-sized tips and now the noise cancellation is very apparent. Anybody here is experiencing similar issues, please make sure you have tried all sizes of tips as the larger size may produce better results.

Dec 25, 2019 1:24 PM in response to Shaun OFlaherty

The thread above has 1,400 people who have marked that they have the same problem and Apple is monitoring the thread (according to the AppleCare rep I talked to). You already left feedback but you can also open a case (which you can see the directions for on that thread or I will copy/paste here):

A) Submit a case with AppleCare

1) Go to https://support.apple.com/airpods

2) Scroll to "Tell us how we can help"

3) Click "Get support"

4) Just go through the menus and pick the most relevant option. I suggest picking "Audio Quality" but there are others.

5) Click "Chat" and let them know through chat the problems and also please reference our thread in the chat: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250887615

(OR you can schedule a call but it may be best to ask for a follow-up call during the chat if they don't mention it themselves)

IMPORTANT: Mention that the ANC quality was reduced with the AirPods Pro firmware 2B588 and the problem is STILL in firmware 2C54!

Dec 28, 2019 10:11 PM in response to Shanesnh

Did this as well the wife and I returned them until we see a fix- worried that they could care less or they have to keep it like this due to android platform complaining of low volume or the users who were getting dizzy with ANC. : ( put it back to what we tested and purchased on or add a slider into the Bluetooth setting. We even created tech chats and bug entries and were suppose to get called back and discuss and nothing.

Noise Cancellation not working on my AirPods Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.