Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod Radio Alarm

I'd like to set my Home app to play NPR on my bedroom HomePod at a certain time every morning to wake me up. Is it possible to do this in 13.3? I'm shocked that it's so difficult to set up a radio alarm given that clock radios have been able to do this since the 1970's.

HomePod, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 25, 2019 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2019 9:12 PM

You can through automations in the home app but the iOS device you used to set up your HomePod needs to be on iOS 13 (or later) and I think you need to subscribe to Apple Music (others have posted they can’t choose music from their library without it).

6 replies

Jan 6, 2020 3:58 PM in response to Vancouver22

Thanks, but I don't want to automate music playing (I can do that already), I want to automate radio playing. If I tell HomePod to play a radio station, turn it off after the station starts playing, and then set an automation to "Resume Audio" it plays the last MUSIC I was plying when the automation starts, but not the radio station that was playing. All of my devices are running 13.3. Can I somehow work around this by using shortcuts? How could Apple possibly not allow radio station playback to be automated? It's incredibly stupid.

Jan 17, 2020 8:29 AM in response to Vancouver22

So I seem to have found a workaround -- it DOES work if you set your automation to "resume audio" and then take tell your HomePod to play the radio station you want to wake up to directly before going to bed. Let it play for awhile and then tap the HomePod to turn off, and upon awakening the automation will start playing that radio station because it's the audio that you set before going to sleep. This works, but it would be SO much easier if you could just select the station you want to play as part of the automation, and not have to set it every night as I do now.

HomePod Radio Alarm

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.