Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Apple Pencil won’t pair with iPad

New Apple Pencil doesn’t work. Won’t pair with iPad

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 25, 2019 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2019 3:53 PM

Make sure your Apple Pencil is on the curved in side, ON TOP OF THE IPAD. It should magnet itself then you should see a. “Apple Pencil 100%”. This is for iPad only, I’d need what kind of other iPad your using for others?

TIPS FOR ALL IPADS -

Turn your Bluetooth off and back on.

Restart your iPad.

Still not working? Take it to an apple for for support www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar

If your using first generation Apple Pencil charge it, and connect it via Bluetooth.

• Apple store is normally your best bet, I cannot totally diagnose your issue online due to the fact I am not physically looking at your Pencil and or iPad.

Thanks for writing to Apple Communities, any further questions should be reposted more information on this topic may be commented below.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2019 3:53 PM in response to 14bballdfjh

Make sure your Apple Pencil is on the curved in side, ON TOP OF THE IPAD. It should magnet itself then you should see a. “Apple Pencil 100%”. This is for iPad only, I’d need what kind of other iPad your using for others?

TIPS FOR ALL IPADS -

Turn your Bluetooth off and back on.

Restart your iPad.

Still not working? Take it to an apple for for support www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar

If your using first generation Apple Pencil charge it, and connect it via Bluetooth.

• Apple store is normally your best bet, I cannot totally diagnose your issue online due to the fact I am not physically looking at your Pencil and or iPad.

Thanks for writing to Apple Communities, any further questions should be reposted more information on this topic may be commented below.

New Apple Pencil won’t pair with iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.