Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud password

Trying to set up an iCloud email account on an android phone. Keep entering the Apple password (which I have used to get in to this site ) but phone keeps stating that the apple password is incorrect for the iCloud email account. Do I need to look for/ reset the iCloud password? Simple answers only I am, as you will have realised, a technical numpty.

iPad, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 8:37 AM

iCloud requires that you use an "app-specific password" rather than your usual password when signing in using a 3rd party app like email on an Android phone. In order to do that you first must turn on two-factor authentication if not already on. See the information in the following two articles:

Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

and

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2019 8:37 AM in response to ivor242

iCloud requires that you use an "app-specific password" rather than your usual password when signing in using a 3rd party app like email on an Android phone. In order to do that you first must turn on two-factor authentication if not already on. See the information in the following two articles:

Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

and

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

iCloud password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.