Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch won’t pair to my cell phone. I have i phone six plus and have checked that it’s updated. It starts unpairing before process complete

I can’t get the I phone to pair to Apple Watch. It starts unpairing almost immediately. I’ve turned both devices off and on. Made sure all settings are up to date and correct. I’ll have I phone 6 plus and new Apple Watch b

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 1:46 PM

A new apple watch 3 or 5 will NOT pair with an iphone 6 or lower,apple watch 3 and 5 have software version watchos6 on them,this requires an iphone with ios13 or higher on them.Iphones with ios13 are an iphone 6s, or higher.Iphone 6 can only update to ios12 maximum.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2019 1:46 PM in response to Nkrulik

A new apple watch 3 or 5 will NOT pair with an iphone 6 or lower,apple watch 3 and 5 have software version watchos6 on them,this requires an iphone with ios13 or higher on them.Iphones with ios13 are an iphone 6s, or higher.Iphone 6 can only update to ios12 maximum.

My Apple Watch won’t pair to my cell phone. I have i phone six plus and have checked that it’s updated. It starts unpairing before process complete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.