Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting Updates problem.

I cant update this Ipad manually with a P/C , or otherwise. Synced up with Itunes I get this message, "This version of the Ipad software (9.3.6) is the current version". I have read and tried everything I can about this subject, so far its a lemon!

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 1:01 PM

Hello,

If your iPad will not update past 9 then you have either an iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation) or iPad mini (1st generation). These iPad models do not support any system version newer than 9. You cannot update your iPad any further. If you need to use software that requires a newer system software version then you will need to purchase a newer iPad model.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2019 1:01 PM in response to Thisappleisalemon

Hello,

If your iPad will not update past 9 then you have either an iPad 2, iPad (3rd generation) or iPad mini (1st generation). These iPad models do not support any system version newer than 9. You cannot update your iPad any further. If you need to use software that requires a newer system software version then you will need to purchase a newer iPad model.

Getting Updates problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.