Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get music from my iTunes/Music library into the Cloud iTunes/Music library?

I have music in my iTunes/Music library that I ripped from CDs years ago. The album isn't on iTunes (limited edition.) How do I get it to upload to the cloud so I can play it on other devices?

When I look a Cloud status it just shows as blank.

Bottom line, they will play on my computer but not on my phone. Is there a way to copy them to my phone?

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2020 7:08 AM

Got er done... It wasn't easy.I had to connect my iPhone to the computer. On the iPhone went to Music in Settings and turned off Sync Library. Then on my computer, in iTunes/Music, I selected my phone and went to Sync Settings. On the General page chose "Sync only checked songs." Then under the Music tab find the songs that need to added to your phone. When they are selected, you Sync the phone and after the songs are copied to the phone, you can turn on Sync Library on the phone and all the missing songs will play.

This all started because I have some old tunes that were ripped from vinyl and were never widely released. Also, on my computer, when I look in Music with iCloud status turned on I have songs in my library that show as No Longer Available or simply show as blank. I manually copied all those tunes to my phone and now all my songs play.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2020 7:08 AM in response to Steve Sweitzer

Got er done... It wasn't easy.I had to connect my iPhone to the computer. On the iPhone went to Music in Settings and turned off Sync Library. Then on my computer, in iTunes/Music, I selected my phone and went to Sync Settings. On the General page chose "Sync only checked songs." Then under the Music tab find the songs that need to added to your phone. When they are selected, you Sync the phone and after the songs are copied to the phone, you can turn on Sync Library on the phone and all the missing songs will play.

This all started because I have some old tunes that were ripped from vinyl and were never widely released. Also, on my computer, when I look in Music with iCloud status turned on I have songs in my library that show as No Longer Available or simply show as blank. I manually copied all those tunes to my phone and now all my songs play.

Dec 27, 2019 4:59 AM in response to Steve Sweitzer

You need a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match. See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. Once an item is listed as either Matched or Uploaded it will be available on any other computer or device where iCloud Music Library is enabled for your Apple ID. The alternative approach is to Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support.

tt2

How to get music from my iTunes/Music library into the Cloud iTunes/Music library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.