Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get Final Cut Pro to work

Final Cut Pro says I need to buy it again. I got it many years ago when I bought my first Mac at Best Buy. They installed the software for me and gave me the disk. I have moved twice and I have upgraded my Mac twice. To get Final Cut on any new computers I transfered data to a new Mac. I don't have my disk anymore or any paperwork. I don't know what information they use to install it because they didn't have an App store account set up for me. It's not software I use that often but I paid a lot of money for it and I would like to have it operational. How can I get it up and running.

MacBook Pro 13", 10.15

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 4:17 AM

I finally got it to work. Best Buy was able to find my original invoice since I bought it with my store credit card and I provided it to support and I was able to download the update. Thanks for the attempts to help.

Similar questions

8 replies

Dec 27, 2019 2:39 AM in response to bravokilohotel

bravokilohotel wrote:

They installed the software for me and gave me the disk. I have moved twice and I have upgraded my Mac twice. To get Final Cut on any new computers I transfered data to a new Mac. I don't have my disk anymore or any paperwork.

FCP X has never used a disk to install the software.

Are you referring to Final Cut Pro 6 or 7 or FCP Studio or similar.

These were installed via a disk and serial number.

If you have never purchased FCP X you will need to sign in to the AppStore and Purchase the product.

If you did purchase FCP X at some point you will need some type of proof of purchase.

Other than that you may try contacting your local Apple Store directly for advice.

The legacy FCPro will not run on Catalina in any case.

You will need FCP X running Catalina.

Al

Dec 27, 2019 4:34 AM in response to Alchroma

I purchased Final Cut Pro and it was installed through the Apple guy they used to have at Best Buy stores. They gave you an option of software you wanted pre-installed and I got the Mac office software, Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro. That's all I remember. I assumed it was a CD. I know it is Final Cut Pro because that is what it shows is installed on my computer. It has an X over the icon and when I try to open it I am taken to the app store to purchase it again.

I can't get Final Cut Pro to work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.