Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 Rings on Silent

I just got my new Iphone 11 and I love it! However, when I switch the phone into silent mode with the switch on the top left of the phone it will still ring when I get texts/calls. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it so that the switch does turn it off and I don't have to manually change the ring volume?

Thanks!

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 3:16 PM

9 replies

Dec 26, 2019 3:24 PM in response to Dvo0100

There isn't any software option that you can change to fix that. See: How to put your iPhone on vibrate, ring, or silent mode - Apple Support

If your phone is still within the return period, you may want to consider exchanging it.

If you purchased it in an Apple Store or Apple online, see: Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

If through an Authorized Reseller, check with them.

Jan 29, 2020 12:00 PM in response to GrouchoCarl

GrouchoCarl wrote:

Yea that's dumb. Chances are the people listed in favorites are the most likely to call or text me in a business meeting when I do not want to make any sounds hence SETTING MY PHONE TO SILENT MODE

You may not like it but, it's working as designed. You can let Apple know what you'd like to see here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Jan 29, 2020 12:07 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

You are right the design is dumb and should be adjusted to reflect what the customer wants/expects... I would never expect "Silent Mode" to ring. At least in Do Not Disturb, it prompts you that it will ring if favorites call...Silent mode has NO DOCUMENTATION STATING THAT ANYWHERE OTHER THAN THIS THREAD

Apparently Apple, a company all about the Customer Experience, has never thought about how irritating it is to have your phone constantly go off in business meetings and not knowing why your phone is still making noise.

Iphone 11 Rings on Silent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.