Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Joining two songs together in iTunes

Hi,

iTunes used to have the option of joining two songs together so when they were played, they always played one after another, with no break in between.

Some songs like "We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions" by Queen is an example of what I'm describing, they are separate songs, yet they've always been played together as one on the radio, etc.

Is this still an option in iTunes? 

I just tried it, and I can no longer find that option anywhere in the iTunes pulldown menu, or in iTunes Help.

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

Take care,

Brian

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 7:34 PM

Brian E. Said:

"iTunes used to have the option of joining two songs together so when they were played, they always played one after another, with no break in between.[...]"

-------

Create a Playlist for those Two Songs:

With a playlist, only those two songs would apply.

Go Here: Create a playlist in Music on Mac - Apple Support

Conjoining Music:

• You CANNOT Conjoin these Purchases:

These are licensed purchases. View the TOU (Terms of Use). Go Here: iTUNES STORE - TERMS AND CONDITIONS - Apple.

• You CAN Conjoin Home Music MP3 Files:

Many people use apps to conjoin recordings of discussions that have had. You might see this a lot from students. This would result in it being no more than one long recorded discussion as an MP3 file. If they were home MP3 files, then you could probably use a third-party app of sorts to conjoin them in to one file. That would meet your goal of having no breaks in-between. As for the apps, I am uncertain what is best.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2019 7:34 PM in response to Brian E.

Brian E. Said:

"iTunes used to have the option of joining two songs together so when they were played, they always played one after another, with no break in between.[...]"

-------

Create a Playlist for those Two Songs:

With a playlist, only those two songs would apply.

Go Here: Create a playlist in Music on Mac - Apple Support

Conjoining Music:

• You CANNOT Conjoin these Purchases:

These are licensed purchases. View the TOU (Terms of Use). Go Here: iTUNES STORE - TERMS AND CONDITIONS - Apple.

• You CAN Conjoin Home Music MP3 Files:

Many people use apps to conjoin recordings of discussions that have had. You might see this a lot from students. This would result in it being no more than one long recorded discussion as an MP3 file. If they were home MP3 files, then you could probably use a third-party app of sorts to conjoin them in to one file. That would meet your goal of having no breaks in-between. As for the apps, I am uncertain what is best.

Joining two songs together in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.