Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get rid of an old apple id with an email account I no longer use? I have a new second apple account that i want to be the only one i use.

How do I get rid of an old Apple account that has an email. account I no longer use? I have a new second Apple account that I want to use on all my devises. I want this new account to be my one and only account. I tried deleting my old account but then I am asked for a new email. account. but it is not accepted because it is already used on my second account.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 1:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 7:24 AM

You can deactivate it or delete the ID.

Apple ID - How to deactivate your Apple ID account

All purchases made using an Apple ID are tied to the ID. Delete the ID and you will need to download them using your new ID. Make sure you sign out from the places in the 4th link before deleting the ID.

How to delete your Apple ID account

Apple ID – How to Delete

Delete Apple ID (new)

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2019 7:24 AM in response to niles808

You can deactivate it or delete the ID.

Apple ID - How to deactivate your Apple ID account

All purchases made using an Apple ID are tied to the ID. Delete the ID and you will need to download them using your new ID. Make sure you sign out from the places in the 4th link before deleting the ID.

How to delete your Apple ID account

Apple ID – How to Delete

Delete Apple ID (new)

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     

Dec 27, 2019 2:19 AM in response to niles808

It would have been better to change the email address used as your Apple ID, than to create a new Apple ID.

Apple will jot transfer content acquired with your old Apple ID (paid or free.) Apple will not combine Apple IDs. You will lose access to everything acquired with your old Apple ID; music, apps, games, videos, books, etc.

You don't need to delete an Apple ID, just stop using it.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.15.2; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.1.1; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.3; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.3; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12.4.1;  HomePods, audioOS 13.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

how do i get rid of an old apple id with an email account I no longer use? I have a new second apple account that i want to be the only one i use.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.