Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to work with Pages in real time with another student?

Hello,

I have a question about app "Pages" on ipads.

Is it possible to work with "pages" in real time with another student ?

I mean if I creating a math document on private lesson, students will see my writing on theirs ipads in real time and they will have a possible to add or mark something important to them via apple pencil.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 8:43 AM

Yes, it is possible.

Review this article to learn about collaboration: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206181

4 replies

Dec 27, 2019 9:18 AM in response to rreinhardt93

Okay, but does every student will have their own document ?

I have a vision to create a class in which students will not waste time on rewriting from the blackboard and will be able to focus on the task better, it optimizes time and increases efficiency.

I would like every student to be able to edit and interpret in their own way notes that will be created in real time on their own iPad. I note that I would not like to work on one note to which everyone would have access and could change it - I mean individual work but on the same document which i will create.

Dec 29, 2019 2:33 PM in response to wojciech152

wojciech152 wrote:

Okay, but does every student will have their own document ?

No. Carefully reread the document rreinhardt93 provided.

I note that I would not like to work on one note to which everyone would have access and could change it

But that is exactly what collaboration is!

I mean individual work but on the same document which I will create.

Again, that is collaboration. Perhaps you mean one-on-one collaboration. So if you have, say, 30 students, you would have 30 copies of your document and use each copy to collaborate with one student.

Dec 29, 2019 6:15 PM in response to wojciech152

Not possible. Once a document is setup to collaborate, each and every person has access, and depending on privileges set, can change or read only.

in order to setup the scenario where you wish to only have the person collaborating and yourself, the document would have to be setup from the person(student) to collaborate with you, then perform the same for another person(student) and so on.

I am unaware if this is possible for you to accept multiple collaboration requests.

Or as sberman states, 30 documents setup to the individual 30 students.

Is it possible to work with Pages in real time with another student?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.