Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to hard reset or bring it back to a new state

Hi i just got an iphone 5s from a friend of mine he gave it to me because he didnt remember the password so i would use it but it is cming pls try again in 1 hr i cannot open it how do i factory reset it because i dont know the password or how do i hard reset it

iPhone 5s

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 9:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 10:02 AM

It can be reset from a computer without the passcode, but it requires access to the Apple ID used on it. The Apple ID password can be reset to access it. If it's never been associated with an Apple ID (unusual but I've reset my mom's iPad after she forgot her passcode after setting it up) it doesn't require Apple ID to reset.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2019 10:02 AM in response to TharunChittu

It can be reset from a computer without the passcode, but it requires access to the Apple ID used on it. The Apple ID password can be reset to access it. If it's never been associated with an Apple ID (unusual but I've reset my mom's iPad after she forgot her passcode after setting it up) it doesn't require Apple ID to reset.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

I need to hard reset or bring it back to a new state

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.