Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting a message that says to open Nexdef I need to install legacy Java se6 runtime.I think I have but this incredibley annoying message pops up every ten seconds. How do I get rid of it

I keep getting a message that says to open Nexdef I need to install legacy Java se6 runtime.I think I have but this incredibley annoying message pops up every ten seconds. How do I get rid of it

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 1:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 2:15 PM

Click anywhere on the desktop so the foreground app next to the Apple logo says Finder. Press Command+Shift+H to open your user account folder. Don't touch anything with the mouse yet. Then press Command+J. Turn on the check box at the bottom to Show Library Folder. Close the options palette.

From now on, the Library folder in your account will always be visible.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2019 2:15 PM in response to jakroyd

Click anywhere on the desktop so the foreground app next to the Apple logo says Finder. Press Command+Shift+H to open your user account folder. Don't touch anything with the mouse yet. Then press Command+J. Turn on the check box at the bottom to Show Library Folder. Close the options palette.

From now on, the Library folder in your account will always be visible.

Dec 27, 2019 1:59 PM in response to jakroyd

Nexdef is an old, and annoying plugin installed by MLB.com for viewing baseball games on your computer.

This is from an old site noting how to remove it manually (all of them that mentioned this plugin were old). Both of these items are in the Library folder of your user account. The ~ (tilde) means your account)

Go to ~/Library/Application Support/

Put the subfolder NexDef in the trash.

Go to ~/Library/LaunchAgents/

Put the file com.mlbam.nexdef.plist in the trash.

Restart your Mac, then empty the trash.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.