Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod not seen in itunes

New Windows10, Classic iPod(s) not seen in menu bar as mentioned in Help file. iPods can be seen in Windows Explorer. Previous Windows7 machine worked fine.

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 9:32 AM

Took tt2's information and proceeded to give it a try. I had 3 machines to upgrade so I started in mine first. I d/l the latest version 12.9.1.4 64bit from the website listed, which is older than a more recent one currently available. Next was to uninstall the iTunes App that you get from the Microsoft Store.

I proceeded with the new install I d/l and followed all prompts. I launched upon completion and was directed to login with name and password. All good so far.

After loading all my previous music I was at the Ho e screen. I looked to the upper left and noticed the ipod icon. I clicked it and it showed both that were connected. Great!

Next I went to the iTunes/Apple Music store and was prompted to login. Moment of truth...it went through and my balance showed and I was able to view store content.

Next was to Authorize my computer and that went smoothly. I closed iTunes and relaunched the program...its all good! I can now use iTunes normally with my Windows 10 Pro 64bit system. I then did each of the remaining 2 computers following the same procedure and all went well. I'm satisfied now and hope this will help others with similar issues.

Thanks again to tt2 and responding with a possible solution.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2019 9:32 AM in response to turingtest2

Took tt2's information and proceeded to give it a try. I had 3 machines to upgrade so I started in mine first. I d/l the latest version 12.9.1.4 64bit from the website listed, which is older than a more recent one currently available. Next was to uninstall the iTunes App that you get from the Microsoft Store.

I proceeded with the new install I d/l and followed all prompts. I launched upon completion and was directed to login with name and password. All good so far.

After loading all my previous music I was at the Ho e screen. I looked to the upper left and noticed the ipod icon. I clicked it and it showed both that were connected. Great!

Next I went to the iTunes/Apple Music store and was prompted to login. Moment of truth...it went through and my balance showed and I was able to view store content.

Next was to Authorize my computer and that went smoothly. I closed iTunes and relaunched the program...its all good! I can now use iTunes normally with my Windows 10 Pro 64bit system. I then did each of the remaining 2 computers following the same procedure and all went well. I'm satisfied now and hope this will help others with similar issues.

Thanks again to tt2 and responding with a possible solution.

ipod not seen in itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.