Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my wi-fi password is not being recognized on my iphone and ipad

I'm trying to join my wifi network. I know my password as I am the one who set it up. It was working fine until the last iphone update. Now when I try to join the wifi, iphone states the password is invalid.

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 7:11 AM

Hello ladtaz,

Thanks for posting. I understand you're seeing an error about your Wi-Fi password when you try joining from your iPhone, and this resource may help you: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

"If asked, enter your Wi-Fi password

If asked, enter the password for your Wi-Fi network. Get help if you don’t know your password.

Even if you enter the correct password, you might see an "unable to join the network" message or an "incorrect password" message. Restart all of your devices, then try to enter your password again."

If restarting all devices as suggested above doesn't help, I recommend trying the additional steps in the link I posted above to see if they help. Feel free to reply back with an update if needed.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2019 7:11 AM in response to ladtaz

Hello ladtaz,

Thanks for posting. I understand you're seeing an error about your Wi-Fi password when you try joining from your iPhone, and this resource may help you: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

"If asked, enter your Wi-Fi password

If asked, enter the password for your Wi-Fi network. Get help if you don’t know your password.

Even if you enter the correct password, you might see an "unable to join the network" message or an "incorrect password" message. Restart all of your devices, then try to enter your password again."

If restarting all devices as suggested above doesn't help, I recommend trying the additional steps in the link I posted above to see if they help. Feel free to reply back with an update if needed.

Take care.

my wi-fi password is not being recognized on my iphone and ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.