Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iphone

My phone has been stolen. If I erase the device on Find my iphone, will it also erase data and photos from my icloud?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 9:39 AM

5 replies

Dec 28, 2019 10:13 AM in response to aneta290

It looks like you have already done all you can. I suggest that you double check to see if you missed anything by reviewing the steps in the following article: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

... and here are some additional references you may find helpful:

Dec 28, 2019 9:51 AM in response to Tesserax

I have changed the password to my icloud straight away. I keep receiving phishing text messages that my phone has been located and link to the website where they are asking to log in with my login and password. I have not provided it. My apple ID has also been blocked as they were trying to log in. I was able to unlock it and again changed the password.

I presume that thieves want to remove the phone from FIND MY IPHONE as I have activated the lost mode.

I know that I will not be able to get it back so I just want to protect my data and erase it but I was concerned that it may delete the data on icloud.

Thank you very much for all the responses.

Stolen iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.