Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage

I have got a new iPhone 7 but I still have my old iPhone 5c.I have transferred all my messages over. On my i phone 7 I don't get all the messages that were sent to me but on my iPhone 5c I seem to.

How do I fix this if you know how it would be lovely if you could share.

Thank you

edit: okay so it seems a few come in late (3 to 13 minutes so far) and some out of a group haven't shown up at all yet

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 1:46 PM

Hi Emma2106,

Thanks for posting. It sounds like you have a question about the Messages app on a new device.

For clarification, when you say you transferred messages, did you restore a backup, or did you turn on Messages in iCloud under Settings > [name] > iCloud? Knowing this would help work out your best steps.

If you're referring to Messages in iCloud, it's possible that your messages were downloading. Has it made any progress since you posted here? If not, does it make a difference if you connect to both Wi-Fi and a power supply?

On the other hand, if you're finding you're not consistently receiving new messages on the iPhone 7, this might help: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

I hope this helps get you started. Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2019 1:46 PM in response to Emma2106

Hi Emma2106,

Thanks for posting. It sounds like you have a question about the Messages app on a new device.

For clarification, when you say you transferred messages, did you restore a backup, or did you turn on Messages in iCloud under Settings > [name] > iCloud? Knowing this would help work out your best steps.

If you're referring to Messages in iCloud, it's possible that your messages were downloading. Has it made any progress since you posted here? If not, does it make a difference if you connect to both Wi-Fi and a power supply?

On the other hand, if you're finding you're not consistently receiving new messages on the iPhone 7, this might help: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

I hope this helps get you started. Take care.

iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.