Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues signing into app store

I downloaded the most recent OS and have been having trouble signing into my account. I reset my password but still gives me the error message "An unknown error has occurred" even when putting in the correct password. I am also having issues with "Any search manager" on my browser so not sure if the two issues are related?? Can someone please help?

MacBook, OS X 10.10

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 4:25 PM

You have adware/malware installed. Use  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac. It may be necessary to run more than one scan. After scanning a couple of times, restart the computer and test. If necessary, follow the manual instructions.  Do not download any other programs that are listed in the articles.   Malwarebytes uninstall

Search.anysearch.net uninstall

For the App Store problem, are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2019 4:25 PM in response to mr_whil22

You have adware/malware installed. Use  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac. It may be necessary to run more than one scan. After scanning a couple of times, restart the computer and test. If necessary, follow the manual instructions.  Do not download any other programs that are listed in the articles.   Malwarebytes uninstall

Search.anysearch.net uninstall

For the App Store problem, are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

Safe Mode - About

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

Dec 30, 2019 3:03 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks Eric. I will try each of these once I get back home. I saw something on another forum regarding the APP Store problem being related to a faulty ethernet port/connection. When I tried to uninstall/install I noticed there was no option for Ethernet connection. Might this be the problem? Saw this could be a logic board issue?

To confirm...I am not running anti-virus software or using a VPN on my mac. Will keep you posted if these work. Thanks,

Issues signing into app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.