Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2019 4:16 PM

See "Remotely erase a device" and the paragraphs that follow it here.

Locate a lost or stolen device - Apple Support

6 replies

Dec 28, 2019 5:17 PM in response to cate114

As it states, the Erase is pending. Your lost iPhone needs to be online to receive the command to erase itself. Until it gets online via Wi-Fi or Cellular, it will not be able to receive the command to erase. I know it is frustrating however you will have to wait for it to complete the Erase. Note that there is always a possibility that you may not be able to execute the Erase command at all should your lost iPhone does not get online for various reasons.

Axel F.

Dec 30, 2019 8:32 PM in response to cate114

I am sure that you had a passcode setup for your iPhone. To access your information they will need to figure out the passcode. If you can locate it then can you report it to the authorities at least. See what they can do? Please do not go there yourself given the location. Continue to issue Erase command as well.

To be on the safe side, Change your Apple ID password and do not remove the device from your Apple ID because that will allow someone to activate the phone without a key to the activation lock.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.