Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove photos from iPhone

Hello, I am trying to figure out to remove photos from my iPhone but not the iCloud.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 9:24 AM

If they are on iCloud because you synced them using iCloud Photos, I would create a copy of those pictures from iCloud to a computer:--> Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

When done, all your photos are safely stored, so you can delete the ones you don't need anylonger on your iPhone (and your iCloud).

Regards

Giulio

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2019 9:24 AM in response to Wray2016

If they are on iCloud because you synced them using iCloud Photos, I would create a copy of those pictures from iCloud to a computer:--> Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

When done, all your photos are safely stored, so you can delete the ones you don't need anylonger on your iPhone (and your iCloud).

Regards

Giulio

Dec 29, 2019 9:28 AM in response to Wray2016

You can't do that. iCloud is not a archive. It is a backup and if you store photos in the cloud, when you delete them from your phone, they will delete from iCloud.

If you want to keep you photos somewhere not in iCloud, you can use a true archive service like Google Photos, DropBox, Amazon Photos or even connect your iPhone to your home computer and transfer photos to your computer's photo file.

Remove photos from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.