Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm unable to send sms messages from the watch

I got an apple watch series 3 off of a friend they used the cellular feature on it and had a line. When i got the watch we reset it and i just connect to it through Bluetooth feature. Im unable to send sms messages from the watch it says "imessage failed to send" when i try? The people i message are android and cannot receive message. Im not sure what to do.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 10:52 AM

To be able to send an SMS to a non-iOS user on the Apple Watch with cellular, you need to have the paired iPhone nearby and on. See this support document, and make sure you read the footnotes regarding messages. You have to have an SMS/MMS plan on your iPhone, and if you activated cellular on the device, check with your carrier. Use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2019 10:52 AM in response to Igotdogsyo

To be able to send an SMS to a non-iOS user on the Apple Watch with cellular, you need to have the paired iPhone nearby and on. See this support document, and make sure you read the footnotes regarding messages. You have to have an SMS/MMS plan on your iPhone, and if you activated cellular on the device, check with your carrier. Use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - Apple Support

I'm unable to send sms messages from the watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.