Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgotten screen time passcode

I want to reset my daughter‘s old iPhone to factory settings, however I have forgotten the screen time passcode I set up years ago. I have no access to a PC at the moment as I am abroad where I want to give my daughters old iPhone to my mother who lives here, abroad. Is there any way this can be done?

iPhone SE

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 10:49 AM

The only way to remove the Screen Time passcode is to restore the iPhone to factory and set it up as new. And, you would need to do that before you gave the iPhone to your mother anyway. You will need a computer to do it, so you will either need to borrow one or go to the nearest Apple store and use one there. What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support Follow these steps, otherwise it will be Activation Locked and she would not be able to activate it with her Apple ID.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2019 10:49 AM in response to ULM1808

The only way to remove the Screen Time passcode is to restore the iPhone to factory and set it up as new. And, you would need to do that before you gave the iPhone to your mother anyway. You will need a computer to do it, so you will either need to borrow one or go to the nearest Apple store and use one there. What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support Follow these steps, otherwise it will be Activation Locked and she would not be able to activate it with her Apple ID.

Forgotten screen time passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.