Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone accounts

my son revisited an iPhone for chirstmas. He is under my username and account. However, my name and photo appear in his text messages and I am getting his messages.

how can I sped are our accounts and still keep him under my username and Apple ID?

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 11:24 AM

Get your son his own Apple ID and password so that your information is mixed in with his. Log his iPhone with the new Apple ID. You may include him in the family sharing with you if you like.

More information on family sharing is here Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Axel F.

3 replies

Dec 29, 2019 11:25 AM in response to Mclemore70

You should not be sharing an Apple ID. They are meant to only be used by one individual. He needs his own Apple ID, or you will continue to receive each other's messages, and your information will appear in his messages.

Create an Apple ID for him under Family Sharing, especially if he is under the age of 13. Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

This will allow you both privacy, but will still have the ability to share content such as Music, Apps.

iPhone accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.