Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My cousin dropped my MacBook!

I am really upset. My four year old cousin was running in my room and accidentally tripped on the wire of the charger connected to my MacBook, and it fell.

My MacBook works completely fine, but the annoying part is that the left corner is a bit dented. Though it is not that noticeable, but it just triggers me. Specially since I take very good care of my things, and that I was not the one that caused this damage :(

I bought my MacBook about 3 months ago, and it was purchased with AppleCare up to 3 years.

Would the warranty cover this damage? If not, how much would it possibly cost to repair this damage?

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 29, 2019 10:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 7:50 PM

If you purchased AppleCare+ then the AC+ should cover the repair at a reduced cost (IIRC $99 for a display). You can get your laptop repaired at a reduced rate for accidental damage up to two times with AC+ coverage. It is possible that Apple may not repair this under AC+ if the damage does not interfere with normal operations of the laptop. However, these laptops have so little tolerance that just about any dent can interfere with the display closing all the way. You will need to have an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine your laptop to see if it qualifies for an AC+ damage incident.

https://www.apple.com/support/products/mac/

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2019 7:50 PM in response to MAT767

If you purchased AppleCare+ then the AC+ should cover the repair at a reduced cost (IIRC $99 for a display). You can get your laptop repaired at a reduced rate for accidental damage up to two times with AC+ coverage. It is possible that Apple may not repair this under AC+ if the damage does not interfere with normal operations of the laptop. However, these laptops have so little tolerance that just about any dent can interfere with the display closing all the way. You will need to have an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine your laptop to see if it qualifies for an AC+ damage incident.

https://www.apple.com/support/products/mac/

My cousin dropped my MacBook!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.