Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Running Map and Stats Inaccuracy

Hello! I have owned an Apple Watch Series 3 (42mm) for several years now as a fitness wearable and have experienced very few issues in that time.

Today however I was not impressed by the stats I was shown at the end of my run (please see the images - I only include part of the map, with the actual route drawn in blue, to protect my location, but noted the same trend throughout).

It registered the minimum elevation as -61m and the map had me running through houses!

The watch is running WatchOS 6 (latest version) and I have tried recalibration before so please do not suggest this.

Any ideas anyone? Is it perhaps better without my phone forcing the watch to use it’s on GPS capabilities?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 4:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 5:20 AM

I leave my phone at home and the watch uses its own GPS and I have never had any problems at all,every now and again I recalibrate not out of neccessity but as general maintenance to the watch.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2019 5:20 AM in response to ConfusedPenguin

I leave my phone at home and the watch uses its own GPS and I have never had any problems at all,every now and again I recalibrate not out of neccessity but as general maintenance to the watch.

Apple Watch Running Map and Stats Inaccuracy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.