Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost IPhone in Korea

I lost my iPhone in Korea, but they said find my iPhone does not work in Korea. Can I have other ways to find my phone back?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 10

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 6:05 AM

"They said", who?

Before you begin

If you need help locating your device, playing a sound, displaying a message, or remotely locking or erasing your device, try these steps to get help with Find My iPhone.

If you can't sign in to Find My iPhone

Try to sign in again after each of these steps:

1. Make sure that you're signing in with the Apple ID that you use with iCloud. 
  2. Go to iCloud.com, sign in, and select Find iPhone.
  3. Tap Settings > General > Date & Time on your iOS device, then check the date and time.

If you set a passcode on your iOS device, you'll be asked to sign in only the first time you open Find My iPhone. To set a passcode, go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode (on devices with Touch ID) or Settings > Passcode (on other devices), then tap Turn Passcode On.

If you get the message “No devices registered”

If you still have your device, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud and make sure that Find My [device] is turned on. If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud.

If you get the message “Your device is no longer locatable”

This message means that Location Services was turned off on your device while you were using Find My iPhone to locate it. Find My iPhone won't be able to locate your device, but the last known location will appear for up to 24 hours. You can still use Find My iPhone to make the device play a sound, display a message on the device's screen, lock the device, or erase the device.

The ability to use Find My iPhone to locate your device on a map isn't available in all countries or regions. Locating your device on a map requires Maps data to be available in that area. All other Find My iPhone features will still work.

If you still need help, try the steps to get help using Find My iPhone.

If Find My iPhone isn't turned on on your missing device

If you didn't turn on Find My [device] before your device was lost or stolen, it can't be used to locate your device. But you can use these steps to help protect your data:

1. Change your Apple ID password. By changing your Apple ID password, you can prevent anyone from accessing your iCloud data or using other services (such as iMessage or iTunes) from your missing device.
  2. Change the passwords for other internet accounts on your device. This can include email accounts, Facebook, or Twitter.
  3. Report your lost or stolen device to local law enforcement. Law enforcement might request the serial number of your device. Find your device serial number.
  4. Report your lost or stolen device to your wireless carrier. Your carrier can disable the account, preventing phone calls, texts, and data use.

Find My [device] is the only way that you can track or locate a lost or missing device. If Find My [device] isn't enabled on your device before it goes missing, there's no other Apple service that can find, track, or flag your device for you.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2019 6:05 AM in response to Pat0221

"They said", who?

Before you begin

If you need help locating your device, playing a sound, displaying a message, or remotely locking or erasing your device, try these steps to get help with Find My iPhone.

If you can't sign in to Find My iPhone

Try to sign in again after each of these steps:

1. Make sure that you're signing in with the Apple ID that you use with iCloud. 
  2. Go to iCloud.com, sign in, and select Find iPhone.
  3. Tap Settings > General > Date & Time on your iOS device, then check the date and time.

If you set a passcode on your iOS device, you'll be asked to sign in only the first time you open Find My iPhone. To set a passcode, go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode (on devices with Touch ID) or Settings > Passcode (on other devices), then tap Turn Passcode On.

If you get the message “No devices registered”

If you still have your device, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud and make sure that Find My [device] is turned on. If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud.

If you get the message “Your device is no longer locatable”

This message means that Location Services was turned off on your device while you were using Find My iPhone to locate it. Find My iPhone won't be able to locate your device, but the last known location will appear for up to 24 hours. You can still use Find My iPhone to make the device play a sound, display a message on the device's screen, lock the device, or erase the device.

The ability to use Find My iPhone to locate your device on a map isn't available in all countries or regions. Locating your device on a map requires Maps data to be available in that area. All other Find My iPhone features will still work.

If you still need help, try the steps to get help using Find My iPhone.

If Find My iPhone isn't turned on on your missing device

If you didn't turn on Find My [device] before your device was lost or stolen, it can't be used to locate your device. But you can use these steps to help protect your data:

1. Change your Apple ID password. By changing your Apple ID password, you can prevent anyone from accessing your iCloud data or using other services (such as iMessage or iTunes) from your missing device.
  2. Change the passwords for other internet accounts on your device. This can include email accounts, Facebook, or Twitter.
  3. Report your lost or stolen device to local law enforcement. Law enforcement might request the serial number of your device. Find your device serial number.
  4. Report your lost or stolen device to your wireless carrier. Your carrier can disable the account, preventing phone calls, texts, and data use.

Find My [device] is the only way that you can track or locate a lost or missing device. If Find My [device] isn't enabled on your device before it goes missing, there's no other Apple service that can find, track, or flag your device for you.

Lost IPhone in Korea

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.