Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop photos from automatically opening when I connect my phone?

I've just upgraded to Catalina on my MBP . I used to be able to stop Photos from opening automatically with a toggle in Photos (from memory), so when I plugged my phone in, Photos didn't automatically start and open.

I can now no longer do this. It seems this option has been hidden or removed. Does anyone have any idea how to disable this?

MacBook Pro 15", OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 8:20 AM

jonmach wrote:

I've just upgraded to Catalina on my MBP . I used to be able to stop Photos from opening automatically with a toggle in Photos (from memory), so when I plugged my phone in, Photos didn't automatically start and open.

I can now no longer do this. It seems this option has been hidden or removed. Does anyone have any idea how to disable this?

Sync photos between your Mac and iPhone or iPad - Apple ...

Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your ...

earlier macOS—

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2019 8:20 AM in response to jonmach

jonmach wrote:

Sync photos between your Mac and iPhone or iPad - Apple ...

Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your ...

earlier macOS—

Dec 30, 2019 8:22 AM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks both for your replies. Unfortunately, macudo, I can't see what you're referring to. Mine is in English. Are you thinking of Mojave? I'm using Catalina.

Leroy - again thanks, but I know how to sync, I just don't know how to disable auto starting of Photos when I plug my iPhone in.

In Mojave, there was an option to check that enabled you to automatically start Photos when you plugged in. Now there is none.

How do I stop photos from automatically opening when I connect my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.