Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I access a backup from my old phone in order to obtain the contacts?

How can I access a backup from my old phone in order to obtain contacts?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 10:31 AM

Backups - Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

If you were syncing contacts with iCloud, have you gone to Settings/Your Name/iCloud, signed in with the same ID that you used on the old phone, and turned Contacts syncing on? Have you checked iCloud.com/Contacts using a computer browser to see if the contacts are there? If necessary, go to iCloud.com/Account Settings, look under Advanced at the lower left, and select Restore Contacts.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2019 10:31 AM in response to jahodges

Backups - Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

If you were syncing contacts with iCloud, have you gone to Settings/Your Name/iCloud, signed in with the same ID that you used on the old phone, and turned Contacts syncing on? Have you checked iCloud.com/Contacts using a computer browser to see if the contacts are there? If necessary, go to iCloud.com/Account Settings, look under Advanced at the lower left, and select Restore Contacts.

How can I access a backup from my old phone in order to obtain the contacts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.