Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add a family member to my iTunes? I am paying for the family plan already. The family member has her own iTunes account. Thanks much

How do I add a family member to my Apple Music Family Membership? I am already paying for the family plan. The family member has her own iTunes account. Thanks much

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 7:37 PM

Hi DGFinn,

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities. It's great to have you here. I see from your post, you have some questions about adding a new member to your group.

You would want to send that family member an invitation to join your family group. Set up Family Sharing is a great resource to check out that can help you add that person to your group and what they should expect when they receive that invitation.

Also, If the person you want to add already has an individual subscription, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the family group.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2020 7:37 PM in response to DGFinn

Hi DGFinn,

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities. It's great to have you here. I see from your post, you have some questions about adding a new member to your group.

You would want to send that family member an invitation to join your family group. Set up Family Sharing is a great resource to check out that can help you add that person to your group and what they should expect when they receive that invitation.

Also, If the person you want to add already has an individual subscription, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the family group.

Cheers!

How do I add a family member to my iTunes? I am paying for the family plan already. The family member has her own iTunes account. Thanks much

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.