Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using (Setting up a local web server on macOS 10.14 “Mojave”)

I followed the steps posted by "etresoft" on my MacBook Pro running macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6, but the configuration failed!

$ apachectl configtest

AH00557: httpd: apr_sockaddr_info_get() failed for KAPAMACT3B5HTD5

AH00558: httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message

(2)No such file or directory: AH02291: Cannot access directory '/private/var/log/apache2/' for main error log

AH00014: Configuration check failed

p2725316 at KAPAMACT3B5HTD5 in /etc/apache2

MacBook Pro 15", 10.13

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 1:16 PM

Setting up a local web server on macOS 10… - Apple Community

To my knowledge his instructions are accurate, and the reason it's not working for you seems to be what it says:

(2)No such file or directory: AH02291: Cannot access directory '/private/var/log/apache2/' for main error log

Does that directory exist? It should.

If it doesn't, you might want to go ahead and create it, but it should already exist. If it's missing from your macOS installation perhaps other things are missing too.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2019 1:16 PM in response to jmawla

Setting up a local web server on macOS 10… - Apple Community

To my knowledge his instructions are accurate, and the reason it's not working for you seems to be what it says:

Does that directory exist? It should.

If it doesn't, you might want to go ahead and create it, but it should already exist. If it's missing from your macOS installation perhaps other things are missing too.

using (Setting up a local web server on macOS 10.14 “Mojave”)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.