Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot Screen time Password and cannot reset iPhone as it needs this password!

I am really struggling here, I got my daughter an iPhone a week ago, I set up Screen Time but the password I have written down is not working for whatever reason. I can only find the option of resetting her whole phone and starting from scratch but the phone wants this Screen Time Password to do that! Help! I am just going around in circles!

iPhone 6

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 1:28 PM

You are going to have to put the device into Recovery Mode, and restore it to factory to remove that passcode. You cannot use a backup to restore the device, as the passcode will remain in the backup. You will have to set it up as new, without a backup. See this, Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2019 1:28 PM in response to verity192

You are going to have to put the device into Recovery Mode, and restore it to factory to remove that passcode. You cannot use a backup to restore the device, as the passcode will remain in the backup. You will have to set it up as new, without a backup. See this, Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Forgot Screen time Password and cannot reset iPhone as it needs this password!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.