Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home reports HomePod not responding

Have setup HomePod but home on iPhone reports not responding. It seems to be working okay though. It pauses and plays when clicking on the item in home.

Have tried removing and adding again but still the same

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2020 1:08 AM

Thanks for the reply.

In the end, after trying many things, I returned it to Apple for replacement.

I think the issue I had was a failed update and trying to reset the HomePod may have made the situation worse.

I managed to setup the new HomePod okay and it updated fine. It did take a while though.

After it had updated, Home was reporting a device was not responding even though the HomePod appeared to be responding okay. So I had a dig around.

I discovered that I had two hubs/bridges set up which were named identically. In the entries you can see the model no. So I deleted the one that didn’t correspond to mine and the message in Home disappeared.

I’m not absolutely sure but the hubs and bridges entry might remain even after the home app is deleted.

Anyway all working fine and the family are loving the HomePod. Great sound.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2020 1:08 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for the reply.

In the end, after trying many things, I returned it to Apple for replacement.

I think the issue I had was a failed update and trying to reset the HomePod may have made the situation worse.

I managed to setup the new HomePod okay and it updated fine. It did take a while though.

After it had updated, Home was reporting a device was not responding even though the HomePod appeared to be responding okay. So I had a dig around.

I discovered that I had two hubs/bridges set up which were named identically. In the entries you can see the model no. So I deleted the one that didn’t correspond to mine and the message in Home disappeared.

I’m not absolutely sure but the hubs and bridges entry might remain even after the home app is deleted.

Anyway all working fine and the family are loving the HomePod. Great sound.

Home reports HomePod not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.