Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After my successful password typing, there was no blank, (10.9-2007 Imac)

Despite it looking like a lame attempt at a Match Game question .) , I first try to log in, then it says type in password with another 6 numbers found on another device.

I got the six numbers, but there is no blank to type said password. I'm trying to access iCloud with a 2007 imac with maxed RAM and OS 10.9.

The other computer I got the number from is a 2013 iMac running 10.13 ...

(sorry our internet is WAY to slow to get regular updates without crippling the computer for a day. Can you limbo under 1.5 M in, 400 k out? I know I SHOULD have 10.15. Why make macs so web dependent when you can't bring Mac friendly internet to you. It's a utility... it comes to you. You can't go to public wifi where speeds are faster, load it on a Flash Drive and insert it in the computer, because security protocols cut off the circuitous route. We would use a cell phone internet but every plan ...

[except maybe one, and I had to get speciifc permission to try it and had to cut through red tape. Couldn't test it becuase i need an electronic part that's ONLY available online, so I can go to the store and get it now. Out of the top 7 physical places that should have this part: Wal Mart, Target, Best Buy, AutoZone, Advanced Auto Parts, Oreilly, Napa, not only is the part out of stock, it's an unstockable product for all 7.]

... has some limit of high speed tethering, either cutting you off, forcing you to feed the meter, or turning a economy car into a skateboard speedwise. Why is te Apple tech so heavily dependedt on speed where multi gig downloads cripl computrs for a straight day? Hopefully this specific negotiated deal will a work, and b) be kept honored.)

... and is successfully giving me the extra code, but the 10.9 computer has no room for a blank to type in the same password and the extra numbers.

I don't know how to enter the password if there is no blank.

Also the rule of no repeat passswords for a year is so screwy, because I have a system where if one password falls, most of my other accounts are safe. Requiring new passwords force me to come up with new system AND remembering this is an exception to the usual rule. That is the most consumer unfrendly feature.

What's more secure, unlocking your own passwords with a Sysem you can easily remember without writing down either the system or any element, or keeping the "exception password" stored somewhere, either on computer or on a paper?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 6:26 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 3, 2020 2:17 PM in response to tripletopper

Hi tripletopper,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re trying to sign into your Apple ID with two-factor authentication on an older device. I’m happy to help. You’ll want to follow the steps below:

What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?
If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions—like an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)—you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification code from a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

You can read more below:

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Take care.

Jan 3, 2020 4:26 PM in response to BreeZee_17

I think by you ignored my problenz it DID ASK for the password + temp pin code. There's 2 problems:

1. there is no blank. (Not a Match Game prompt. Otherwise 2 answers I can think if is "God". ( ironically, a quote from the Bible, to show how I can claim it teaches Atheism. .) ) and " Dana, only Zool".

2. I have the rarest mixed marriage of Mac and Android. I think there's a way to do it PC and iPhone. Is there a Mac and Android way? And if so, why not?

Betore, our family mixed certain online things, and I'd like to sepaeare them. No more access to my Apple ID and other IFs for them, if they'r e free. If I'm right, I can't use a 2 device confirmation. Please fix.

After my successful password typing, there was no blank, (10.9-2007 Imac)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.