Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“update apple ID settings” message won’t go away, won’t update since I reset and restored from backup

Since I did a reset and “restore from backup”, I keep getting a message asking me to update my Apple ID settings.

I put in my password, but it never resolves. The message keeps coming back. In the settings app on my toolbar, there’s a little red !.

When I do other things I get a pop up message, like when I”m in safari online. Ialways enter the information. I get an hour glass, but it never “updates”. Message comes back.

I can see that I am logged in, to iCloud, iMessage, and the App Store. I haven’t lost any functionality, but I’m really sick of it asking me to update, then not resolving.

I talked to customer care. TWICE. They couldn’t help me. Told me to come here.

ALL THE THINGS I’VE TRIED...

— I logged in and out of cloud. On my ipad. On my iPhone. On my desktop.

— I’ve Went on icloud.com and did the same. Also clicking the “log out of all browsers” option there.

— I’m changed the time. Automatic. Off and on again.

— I’ve tried to update this on thee different wi-fi networks... at home, work, and Starbucks.

— I’m turned wi-if off and on again.

— Cleared my wi-if settings and re-entered them

— Reset my location services to default.

— Reset all settings to default.

Nothing ever works.

Seems like this is a bug related to the latest iOS 13.3 update. I never had this problem before, from a reset, restore from backup. I have the latest 6th gen ipad.

I’m losing my mind, so if anybody can help me I’d be really grateful.

Here are screens of what I’m seeing as far as alerts and what it does when I try to log in.

ON MY TOOL BAR

IN SETTINGS...

I ENTER PASSWORD, AND IT NEVER RESOLVES. I JUST GET THIS.

THEN THE MESSAGE POPS UP AGAIN

THEN IT POPS UP AGAIN WHEN I’M IN SAFARI.

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 10:18 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Dec 30, 2019 11:13 PM in response to lynetta128

lynetta128 Said:

update apple ID settings” message won’t go away, won’t update since I reset and restored from backup

———-

A Few Thoughts. Try these in the order provided. Restart after each is performed, attempting a new login.

• Try Clearing your Temporary Internet Files (Cookies & Cache): Cookies perform remembrance of certain site-entered data. Cache keeps a snapshot of the last time you visited a site. So, clear them. Use this Link: Clearing History and Cache - Apple Communities

• Reset the SMC and NVRAM/PRAM: Sometimes changes are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for Wi-Fi) become corrupted, in the meanwhile. So, reset both on your Mac. See where it goes from there. It’s worth a go. Use these two links by Apple: SMC and then the NVRAM or PRAM

• Boot into Safe Mode: (Hold Down the shift key upon boot). See if you then log in. In Safe Mode, items run by default, preventing unnecessary preferences and caches from running.

• Create a New Administrator User: See if you can make this go away through use of a new administrator-type of user. Create an administrator user, by going in to System Preferences > Users & Groups > Unlocking > and Click the “+” symbol to create a new administrator user. Once done with, log back in as normal and then rid of the just-now created administrator user.

Jan 4, 2020 4:10 AM in response to lynetta128

lynetta128 Said:

These things You mention aren’t possible for ipad iOS alone. I only have an iPad. Not a Mac. Can’t access my pc right now either.[...]

———-

Sign In, Syncing this Through your PC:

So, when you sign in: Does it still not go through, giving you that “!”?

It happens often. So, connect this your iPad to your PC, when you have access to both, and set this up through iTunes. That should do the trick!

“update apple ID settings” message won’t go away, won’t update since I reset and restored from backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.