Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My card/bank does not support Apple Pay, can I still use the cash card somehow for transactions?

If my bank doesn’t support Apple Pay can I somehow add money to Apple Cash card?

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 9:39 AM

3 replies

Dec 31, 2019 12:49 PM in response to VioletMR

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are talking about. If you set your Apple Cash as your default Apple Pay payment then you can use it at any store that accepts Apple Pay and Discover card. You can transfer money to other people and if you have a bank account you can transfer it. If your Apple Cash is locked or restricted you will have to go here to start the unlocking process - If your Apple Cash account is restricted or locked - Apple Support

If your bank decided to stop supporting Apple Pay you can switch banks.

Dec 31, 2019 12:18 PM in response to askbarnabas

Why was Apple Pay changed? My bank debit card does not support Apple Pay. Up until this new policy that AP MUST be connected to a card, I was able to use it by connecting it to my bank account. I have nearly $500 on my Apple Pay which I cannot use in stores, transfer money to other’s, not transfer to my account. And to make this change before Christmas? I am so angry with Apple now.

My card/bank does not support Apple Pay, can I still use the cash card somehow for transactions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.