Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hack/Virus events in calendar

Does anyone know how to get rid of these events in my calendar - I accidentally accepted something when a pop up came up and now these events keep occurring

I’ve changed the preference on iCloud so that I no longer get notifications but the actual events/invites are still there and there’s no option to delete them or anything

Any help is appreciated

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 10:07 AM

You need to get rid of the calendar these events are in. It appears this is the latest way to spread spam. The events are either in a subscribed calendar, or an email account with calendars turned on. It may also be a profile.

Start out by tapping on Calendar in the bottom center of the screen there. Do you see a calendar listed that you are not familiar with, and it should have a color matching that of the events you are seeing. If so, see if there is an (i) at the end of the line. Tap on it and see if you see a Delete calendar listed. If so, delete it. If not, the next step would be to check Passwords & Accounts. See if there is a strange email account listed there. If so, see if you can delete it, or at least turn off calendar. If that is not present, check Settings>General>Profiles and see if there is a strange profile present there.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2019 10:07 AM in response to ZillyZilla2296

You need to get rid of the calendar these events are in. It appears this is the latest way to spread spam. The events are either in a subscribed calendar, or an email account with calendars turned on. It may also be a profile.

Start out by tapping on Calendar in the bottom center of the screen there. Do you see a calendar listed that you are not familiar with, and it should have a color matching that of the events you are seeing. If so, see if there is an (i) at the end of the line. Tap on it and see if you see a Delete calendar listed. If so, delete it. If not, the next step would be to check Passwords & Accounts. See if there is a strange email account listed there. If so, see if you can delete it, or at least turn off calendar. If that is not present, check Settings>General>Profiles and see if there is a strange profile present there.

Hack/Virus events in calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.