You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need to save the back up from my old iPhone that I used to transfer my info to my new phone or can I delete it and free up space?

Do I need to save the backup I did to transfer my data from my old iPhone to my new iPhone or can I delete it to free up space in my iCloud storage?

iPad, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 2:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 4:20 PM

If you restored that backup to your new phone and the new phone is properly setup, then yes. Just be sure the be backing up the new phone now. If you left it with the same name as the old phone, then it may have already over-written the old backup anyway. iCloud backups are based on the name of each device, as set in settings, general, about, name.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 31, 2019 4:20 PM in response to Juniggy

If you restored that backup to your new phone and the new phone is properly setup, then yes. Just be sure the be backing up the new phone now. If you left it with the same name as the old phone, then it may have already over-written the old backup anyway. iCloud backups are based on the name of each device, as set in settings, general, about, name.

Do I need to save the back up from my old iPhone that I used to transfer my info to my new phone or can I delete it and free up space?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.