Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation Lock

Hey,

So I have this apple watch series 3 I got from someone. When I was setting it up it asked for the persons apple ID and password. So i reached out to the person who gave me the watch but he never responded. Is there anyway to bypass the Activation Lock other than driving all the way to an apple store? I live pretty far from one and i don't want to spend too much time on this.

If anyone can help me that be great!

Thanks.

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 3:18 PM

I'm pretty sure, otherwise, I would've written it down in my original post.

If it was phone that you bought from an authorized Apple retailer and you couldn't get out of the activation lock, then you could take the receipt with you to the Apple store and see what they can do.

But that is not your case, you more than likely bought a stolen watch, if the seller isn't responding to you.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2019 3:18 PM in response to ilikechicken1195

I'm pretty sure, otherwise, I would've written it down in my original post.

If it was phone that you bought from an authorized Apple retailer and you couldn't get out of the activation lock, then you could take the receipt with you to the Apple store and see what they can do.

But that is not your case, you more than likely bought a stolen watch, if the seller isn't responding to you.

Activation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.