Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple fix a charger?

I have a Macbook Pro, bought it about 2 years ago and there's never been a problem. The charger has always worked fine, but randomly just stopped working. I hooked my cable into my Iphone 11max charger, and that's what is charging it now. However, it's charging it SO slowly (obviously), so I need to get a new charger ASAP.

If I bring my broken charger into the Apple store, is this something they can fix? From the outside it looks perfect, so there must be something wrong with it internally.

I'm not too hip on dropping $50+ on a new charger considering this one just died for no reason...

MacBook, OS X 10.10

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 2:47 AM

The original charger was guaranteed for one year, unless the mac had longer warranty and both were bought together.

And an Apple store does not repair expendable wear items that require tedious effort and time. ~ An Apple Authorized

Service provider may consider looking inside. However the time alone, may cost you more than you'd expect.

You could look into OWC macsales to see if a better price for original quality charger were available from their site.

Sometimes they have same ones at discount. Two years is about right for a macbook charger, if you run mac alot.

IF your MacBook Pro has older style MagSafe adapter, search the OWC site to see which ones result there.

Newer USB-C or other may be there, too. (There are two MagSafe styles, newer is MagSafe2.)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2020 2:47 AM in response to applesivy

The original charger was guaranteed for one year, unless the mac had longer warranty and both were bought together.

And an Apple store does not repair expendable wear items that require tedious effort and time. ~ An Apple Authorized

Service provider may consider looking inside. However the time alone, may cost you more than you'd expect.

You could look into OWC macsales to see if a better price for original quality charger were available from their site.

Sometimes they have same ones at discount. Two years is about right for a macbook charger, if you run mac alot.

IF your MacBook Pro has older style MagSafe adapter, search the OWC site to see which ones result there.

Newer USB-C or other may be there, too. (There are two MagSafe styles, newer is MagSafe2.)

Will Apple fix a charger?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.