Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warranty and Apple Care+ bought for iphone 11 Pro from Different Country

Hello Friends,

I am planning to visit the USA next month. I live in the India. I have following queries.

1. If I buy iphone 11Pro from USA, do I get warranty services in India (regular warranty services that comes implicitly with iphone without any additional charge).
  2. If I buy Apple Care+ for iphone 11Pro from USA, do I get the services for Apple Care+ in India.

Thank you in advance.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 10:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2019 10:44 PM

1. No
  2. No

The warranty is only valid in the country of purchase, the US, as well as AppleCare+. You may also have problems with LTE bands being used in India. The best thing to do is to purchase an iPhone in the country you intend to use it in.

3 replies

Jan 1, 2020 7:04 AM in response to BalkrushnaVaghasia

Basic economics. Besides, the advertised price you see in the US does not include sales taxes, so the price is higher than what you see online, and buyers from outside the country when returning to their country have to pay customs fees. The worse thing is the warranty. If something was to happen to your device, are you willing to get on a plane to travel to the US for service, or would you rather just throw away an expensive device like that because it no longer works. Think of that cost factor as well. While it may cost you more up front, it is a savings overall.

Warranty and Apple Care+ bought for iphone 11 Pro from Different Country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.