Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Duplicate Contacts in Address Book

1973 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 2, 2010 11:37 AM by xybermatthew RSS
Jim Bridger Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 17, 2010 10:12 AM
This is not the typical Find Duplicates issue in Address Book. It's more complicated unfortunately. Somehow I have duplicate contacts within Address Book but when the duplicates were imported they were brought in sorted by Last Name first. The original contacts were sorted as First Name last. So the Find Duplicates in Address Book doesn't see them as Duplicates. I can't find anything that will allow me to figure this out. Any ideas our there? I've thought about running the list of contacts into Numbers and sorting that way but I'm not very knowledgeable about Numbers. I also have Bento that has some sorting features but haven't found what I need there either. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)
  • xybermatthew Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 2, 2010 11:37 AM (in response to Jim Bridger)
    I too am experiencing this issue. Not sure how I got so many duplicates with the first name in the last name field—but I have a feeling that it was because of my .mac sync'n service I had when trying to keep my iphone and computer in sync (I now no longer use this service). Anyway, I've searched high and low on the Internet trying to find a solution for finding duplicates via the email address field but haven't had any luck. I only wish Apple would "enhance" the Address Book application to view the results of duplicates and improve the overall experience.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.