Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard not working

Last night my keyboard started acting up, I couldn’t type numbers or punctuation... I restarted my mac and it was a huuuuge mistake, because now I can’t log in, as both my user and my guest account have numbers in the password. I tried all resets recommended everywhere and nothing works.

Something interesting is that when trying to install a back up with the Time Machine (which didn’t work), the keyboard was set to “ABC”, and the log said “duplicate keyboard layout identifier”, and that it had been replaced (I assume my normal ES-ISO was replaced with ABC, which is why I can’t type anything but letters?)

What can I do? I read there is a program where I can have it fixed, as it is a kind of common error for this type of macbook, but my closest Genius is about 300 km away, and I need it working sooner (and nearer?) than that.

The main issue is that I can’t even log in to try any configuration setting, and I can’t get an external keyboard to try and see if it works until tomorrow

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 8:31 AM

When did you purchase your MacBook Air? Please see Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support for further details.

Good luck!

Similar questions

4 replies

Keyboard not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.