Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why don't photos on my pc upload to iCloud

I'm trying to upload photos from my pc to iCloud but it's not working, I have enough storage and I've done what it says on Apple help but it's still not working. I have windows 10. I have copied all photos into the upload folder in iCloud photos

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2020 10:47 PM

Try downloading photos as well to see if it's tied in properly to iCloud.

If you're using the Windows Store version of iCloud, I would advise uninstalling that and downloading/installing the standard version instead.

Here's what I wrote for a different/yet related issue that might help you out as well.

I struggled with this same issue on a client's Windows 10 system.

The solution I found was to uninstall the Microsoft Store version of iCloud, restart the computer, then download and install iCloud from the Apple website instead.

I then made extra sure not to try to change any settings from the defaults and so far have been successful in downloading photos.

Other troubleshooting that didn't appear to make a difference was:

1) Uninstalled Webroot antivirus

2) Made sure Controlled Folder Access was disabled

3) Chose various folders on external drives, internal drives.

4) Changed the folder I was choosing for iCloud to share with "everyone"

All those other steps did nothing to resolve the issue -- uninstalling the crappy Windows Store version and installing the normal version appeared to work.

For reference, I used the link from the Apple Support page here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204283

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2020 10:47 PM in response to MrsMc40

Try downloading photos as well to see if it's tied in properly to iCloud.

If you're using the Windows Store version of iCloud, I would advise uninstalling that and downloading/installing the standard version instead.

Here's what I wrote for a different/yet related issue that might help you out as well.

I struggled with this same issue on a client's Windows 10 system.

The solution I found was to uninstall the Microsoft Store version of iCloud, restart the computer, then download and install iCloud from the Apple website instead.

I then made extra sure not to try to change any settings from the defaults and so far have been successful in downloading photos.

Other troubleshooting that didn't appear to make a difference was:

1) Uninstalled Webroot antivirus

2) Made sure Controlled Folder Access was disabled

3) Chose various folders on external drives, internal drives.

4) Changed the folder I was choosing for iCloud to share with "everyone"

All those other steps did nothing to resolve the issue -- uninstalling the crappy Windows Store version and installing the normal version appeared to work.

For reference, I used the link from the Apple Support page here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204283

Why don't photos on my pc upload to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.