Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to repeat exact formula in other cells in Numbers

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 3:43 PM

3 replies

Jan 1, 2020 4:06 PM in response to Anton Marc

Hard to answer your question.

One answer is to select the cell with the formula, then hover the cursor over the edge of the cell (on the edge that is in the direction you want to fill). If you want to fill the cell down, then hover the cursor over the bottom edge. I small, yellow, fill control will appear. Click and hold then drag as needed.

Another is to copy the cell, then select the cells where you want to the formula to be, then paste.

There are other considerations when you use the word "exact". perhaps you post a screenshot and describe what you are trying to do. Also post the formula you want to repeat

Jan 2, 2020 8:23 AM in response to Wayne Contello

Sorry, my question is not expressed well. I want to put the same formula into a number of different cells all at once, not one at a time. For example, I have a formula in A1 and I want to repeat it exactly the same across the row of 12 more cells (B1 and beyond) but I don't want to take time to copy and paste cell by cell, I want to do all my chosen cells at once. It is possible to do this in columns but, as far as I can tell, not in rows.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.