Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading Music from Catalina Music App for use in a car

I am confused about downloading music from my Mac (with Catalina) and maintaining the integrity of the albums. Specifically, I have my music stored on my Mac running Catalina. I can see the albums and open them to reveal the songs in the albums. Then, I exported my music from Music (by selecting all the songs in the songs panel) onto a USB for use in my Tesla. When I view the music on my car much (about half) of the music remains collected as Albums but many MANY of the albums are not linked and show up as individual songs. This is not satisfactory. Am I missing some elementary step? I hope my query has provided enough detail. Earl

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 11:36 AM

Music in Catalina may link together tracks that have a common album title and a common artist or album artist. I don't have any details about how Tesla's music system operates, but I generally recommend completing both fields with the same value. Your vehicle's system may expect to see each album in a separate folder, which might not be how you're copying them over. There may be mileage in visiting Tesla's forums.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2020 11:36 AM in response to EarlFleck

Music in Catalina may link together tracks that have a common album title and a common artist or album artist. I don't have any details about how Tesla's music system operates, but I generally recommend completing both fields with the same value. Your vehicle's system may expect to see each album in a separate folder, which might not be how you're copying them over. There may be mileage in visiting Tesla's forums.

tt2

Downloading Music from Catalina Music App for use in a car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.