Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I play music from the Apple Music library on my Apple Watch without downloading from the phone while in WiFi

Can I play music from the Apple Music library on my Apple Watch through headphones while on WiFi without first downloading songs from my iPhone, or having my iPhone nearby. I would like to play music at the gym without downloading first or having my Apple Watch nearby

Posted on Jan 1, 2020 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 6:19 AM

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204691

2 replies

Jan 2, 2020 3:47 AM in response to JerryRoch

Hello Jerry.

I apologise if this isn’t quite what you’re asking, but I don’t fully understand your question. I assume you’re asking about playing music when your phone is not nearby, otherwise wouldn’t it make sense to just connect headphones to your iPhone?

If you want to play music through Bluetooth headphones connected to your watch without your phone nearby, then it will need to be downloaded onto the watch.

I imagine if you have music downloaded to your phone that, even without internet connection, it will be able to play to the watch and through the connected headphones.

Simply put, if your phone is not with you you’ll need to have it downloaded. If it is, you’ll either need internet, or have it downloaded to the phone or watch.

I hope this helps.

Can I play music from the Apple Music library on my Apple Watch without downloading from the phone while in WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.