Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ABC (on-demand via internet) quit working on Apple TV

The ABC app quit working on my 4th generation Apple TV, OS 13.2. All other apps work fine.

I have no TV provider, and do not sign into any of the channels. When this started a couple of days ago, it was only one show/episode that would not play. An error code came up, which I submitted to ABC, and they have provided no solution yet. Since then, however, no shows will load/play for ABC. The app opens, and shows are visible. I can arrow between them to choose, and then nothing happens when I click on a show to choose it.

Any ideas?

Apple TV 4, tvOS 13

Posted on Jan 2, 2020 3:41 AM

3 replies

Jan 2, 2020 10:11 AM in response to IrisTina

No problem. Previous models did not run apps at all, they had preset 'channels' that were sent via server. Nothing was stored on the device, and the only option for a user was to choose to hide an icon they didn't want to use. The 4th gen added an app store, and works more like an IOS device..in that it comes preinstalled with Apple's apps and then a user can choose the 3rd party content they want to access from the store. ABC would have fallen into that latter category, and would not have been preinstalled. Just as with IOS when an app isn't working properly it is the developers responsibility to fix it.

ABC (on-demand via internet) quit working on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.